Friday, December 24, 2010

Martha's Holiday Glitter Candle Centerpiece

      When I say "Martha", I am most always speaking of Martha Stewart, naturally.  If you are not on her mailing list for Marthastewart.com, you should sign-up.  I get loads of ideas right in my email's inbox every week.  They have been a valuable help during the holidays. 
These were featured in the email I received today.  I have made something like this in the past and I remember it being much harder than following her simple, step by step, directions.  I will definitely try again.




Copy Design to Glass

Photocopy template, enlarging to fit into a glass hurricane lamp. Roll up the template and slide it inside the glass, with the design facing outward. Secure at the top with transparent tape. Using glue in bottle with a fine-tip applicator, outline one section of the design, then fill it in.

 











Step 2

Apply Glitter

Working over a bowl, sprinkle with clear glass glitter. Let glue dry; shake off excess glitter. Glue and glitter the next section of the design. Continue all the way around. Remove template; let dry overnight. Place hurricane lamp on a cake stand, and place candle inside.



Read more at Wholeliving.com: Glittered Candleholders - Martha Stewart Crafts
 
 
 
Merry Christmas.
 
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment