- 1 Cup(s) Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 2 1/2 Cup(s) Sifted Powder Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Whole Scraped Vanilla Bean
- 1/2 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup(s) Guinness Extra Stout
- In a sauce pan, simmer Guinness on low heat for 10-15 min, until it stout becomes reduced and thicker in consistency. Similar to a syrup. *Tip: keep your eye on the store, so stout does not over cook. Let cool.
- In a stand alone mixer, cream your butter for 1 minute
- Slowly add the powder sugar in thirds, alternating with a little milk each time till mixture is creamy.
- Add scraped vanilla bean and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add reduced Guinness a little at a time. Taste test to desired flavor. You may not use all the Guinness reduction.
- Place buttercream in a piping bag with a #848 french star tip, frost cupcakes and enjoy!
I shared this recipe during St. Patty's Day last year, on my event blog, but was reminded of it in today's Celebrations Newsletter. There are lots of Super Bowl Party Tips over at Celebrations, as a matter of fact, Celebrations has hints and tips for all your party needs.