Valentine's Day is just around the corner and my sweet tooth is out of control. Since I am off the sugar for awhile, I thought I would try to "get over it" by sharing some great candy recipes with you. I can look at the yummy photos and live vicariously through you while you eat them...oh sugar, how I miss you....
- 1 Cup butter
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup red Candy Melts chips
- 1 Cup chopped almonds
- Add butter and sugar into a heavy medium pot. Cook, stirring constantly, over high heat for about 8 to 10 minutes. The stages to look for: butter will melt and blend with the sugar, butter will foam, mixture will start to get sticky like taffy, mixture will turn dark amber - this is when you take it off the heat! Pour mixture on to an ungreased baking sheet that doesn't have a coating such as Teflon. Allow toffee to cool and harden.
- Melt red Candy Melts in a microwaveable bowl for 10-second increments, stirring after each melting, until smooth. Spread over top of toffee and sprinkle almonds over the chocolate. When chocolate sets, break off pieces into chunks and give to your Valentine. Makes about an 8-inch square rectangle
Pink Pecan Fudge
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 Cup evaporated milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Cup coarsely chopped pecans, shelled
- 1 1/2 cups pink Candy Melts chips
- Add pink Candy Melt chips and butter into a large mixing bowl. Butter an 8-inch square pan.
- Place sugar, evaporated milk, and salt in a medium heavy bottom saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and immediately pour over chips and butter in mixing bowl. Beat mixture on a low speed for 5 minutes and then increase speed to high for another 5 minutes. Stir in pecans and pour candy into buttered pan. Chill until set and then cut into small squares. Makes about 2 lbs.
To see there and other yummie Valentine's Day treats, check out the Celebrations websiteStay SweetTiffany