Friday, August 19, 2011

Keep your cool with Summer Salads: Bacon, Blue Cheese and Apple Salad

I do not know why I do not loose weight during the summer.  It is too hot to eat most days.  Must be all the ice cream I eat to cool off.  Well, if I would choose one of these yummie salads, instead, I might have a fighting chance....  Some are not diet friendly but I am sure with some creativity and minor adjustments one could lighten them up.

Here is one that sound so yummie:



Bacon, Blue Cheese and Apple Salad
  • 6 cups spring greens salad mixture
  • 3/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
  • 1 (2.1-ounce) package Hormel® Fully Cooked Bacon, coarsely chopped
  • 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
  • 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into bite-size pieces
Serves 4

I found this on Hormel.com.  They have some very easy and delicious products and the options for simple recipes are endless.  Head on over to their website to see more Simple Summer Salads.

Keep your cool,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment