Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hanukkah Gifts = a HAPPY HOUSEWIFE

So I had a few things on my Holiday wishlist and now BOTH are MINE!!!!

I love LOVE L O V E pink and white Gooseberry Pyrex and have been wanting some to add to my kitchen.  I bought a pie plate and casserole dish before Thanksgiving, both solid pink circa 1956 (?) but I have really wanted the Gooseberry Cinderella Mixing Bowls.  They are just so pricey and I had thought I would have to just be "on the lookout" for some during my antiquing and thrifting (yea, right!!!) treasure hunts.  I talked David into going to a Vintage Flea Market with me this past weekend, that was pretty much a waste of time but we were still in the mood to "piddle" around so we hit up a few Antique stores in the area.  David is NOT an antiquer kind of guy.  He enjoys what "I" find but the hunting part, he leaves up to me.  In one of the shops they had the complete set of 4 mixing bowls but were really marked up...I saw them, wanted them, and HOPED there was a "SALE" sign somewhere in the booth.  No such luck.

While I was rummaging thru the vintage clothing, David was wheeling and dealing and got the price knocked down.  I am so lucky to have such a generous and sweet hubbie.  Now I also have a complete set of Gooseberry Cinderella Mixing Bowls....

This is a "stock" photo from someplace on the web...mine still have the price tag on them...well all but one as I have eaten popcorn out of it a few times already.

 
I also scored this the same day....I am now on the lookout for the rest of the set.

Right now it is on the vanity holding my bobbi pins.


David said "Happy Hanukkah" when he bought them, so I THOUGHT that was it....

But I opened up a new Apron last night (pic to come) and this morning I woke up to the sounds of something being built, or rather assembled....

I got my sewing table.  it is perfect for laying out fabric and patterns....or if I need a large space for another craft, I am all set.  I LOVE how it folds up so I do not have to leave it in the middle of my room.  I had thought I wanted a large table permanently in the middle of my room but I am liking the openness since all the rest is pretty full.

I am doing the Happy Happy Homemaker Dance....

On another note....I found the most darling vintage dress while second hand shopping today.  It is so cute, a foamie green color, silk, and very "wiggle" dress ala late 50's / early 60's....something "Joan" might wear in Mad Men.  I spotted it as soon as I walked in and OMG it was my size...or so I thought.  Darn vintage sizing...what is up with that?  It is too tight in the arms and bust.  So hopefully it will be perfect for me come spring, when it is really time to wear it.  Such motivation to stick to Kimkins....maybe I will work off some pounds doing that Happy Happy Homemaker Dance....

I did get a few new skirts, however...one is wool and perfect for the cooler weather.  I will post more about my "finds" when I am able to get some photos to go along with the post....

Sweet Dreams.

Tiffany

1 comment:

  1. wow, I love those dishes!!!!! What a luck gal you are with all the new treats you have gotten!

    ReplyDelete