Tuesday, December 14, 2010

"There is no fashion without foundation"

I heard this quote tonight on a reality show and it lit a spark for me to blog about it.  Christian Dior was quoted by Isaac Mizrahi on The Fashion Show, on Bravo.  That all is really beside my point...which is just to post some lovely photos of  foundations.  While studying costume history in school, I did a thesis on the History of the corsette.  I mostly focused the thesis on the 17 and 1800s.  The research for my project was so much fun!!!!  Tonight, I am more interested in 1950s.   I think it was the last great decade of foundations








I want one of each....but would I really wear one?  I have a box of corsettes under our bed.....yet I choose comfort.

Christian Dior also said,  "My dream is to save women from nature."

With all this boning, there is nothing natural going on here....

Tiffany


 


No comments:

Post a Comment