Saturday, April 16, 2011

Shabbat Dinner: Chicken and Waffles???!!!??? And a new - old skirt


I decided to do something different for out Shabbat dinner last night.  I made, what is becoming a rather trendy dish around here, Chicken and Waffles in a rather "Semi-Homemade" kinda way.  Sandra Lee would have been proud.

Around this part of the world, to get the best chicken and waffles you had to go to Big Mama's Chicken and Waffles over near the Forrest Lane / Audelia Road intersection.  That is until I tried my hands at it. 


I had a dream about this dish and nothing else would do until I sank my teeth in it.  Low carb dies be darned, I was ready to cheat and cheat in the worst way.  I emailed The Hubbie, hoping he would talk me out of it...but true to form, he was ready for a treat, too.  So the plan was for him to drive me over to the not-so-safe area to pick some up for dinner.  By the time he got home from work and I got home from treasure hunts, the traffic was bad.  I devised another plan.







I decided that I would take out my Pyrex mixing bowls, make the waffles at home with the waffle maker (that I had never used), and pick up a bucket of chicken from KFC.  The plan was set.



Somehow, the waffles look even better in Pyrex


 Since dinner was going to be so easy to make and rather untraditional, I took a bit of effort and made homemade Challah.


isn't it beautiful?

Now on to my outfit....  I found a skirt I must have bought 4 or 5 years ago.  It is about 2 sizes too big but will be easy to alter.  I can not decide if I like to blouse tucked in or left out.  Until I get a belt and take it in a few sizes, I will leave it out.  What do you think?


I had not gotten around to stockings and shoes, please ignore the lack of pedicutre...


 Dinner was amazing.  Absofreakinlutly Wonderful.  Not something we can have often, unfortunatly. 

Shabbat Shalom,

Tiffany


2 comments:

  1. I love Challah bread (my husband and his family are Jewish), yours looks great, must dig out my breadmaker and make some dough. Chicken and waffles? Not something you'd get here in the UK (can imagine it's good as a treat though). It's so interesting seeing what bloggers around the world get up to, gotta love the power of the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tucked in is more flattering I think :)

    ReplyDelete