So I never made it back with the big reveal of my new curtains / window treatment. I am just not good at keeping my work when it comes to blogging. I think it because I know there really isn't anyone reading my blog just yet...but on I will go.
So, as I posted, I could not find a pattern or even a photo of the kind of window treatment that I had so firmly planted in my mind. I had to design, build the frame, and sew as I went. Some things worked, other things worked better. I started off making a "frame" out of wire hangers. That worked just fine for construction but not for a permanent fixture, which is fine....when I was learning in the costume studio at Texas A&M's Theatre Dept (yes, we had a theatre dept, small as it was) we always made "mock-ups" and used those as a pattern for the final piece. I then designed the cloth portion around the wire frame, sewing and pinning as I went. I can not even begin to type out "steps" because it was so trial and error. Whatever, the finished product makes me smile every time I walk into my room.
I wanted a "awning" effect. I think it worked out nicely.
I had some material left over so I made a chair cover to hide the gross blue of the office chair I have had forever. The chair is comfortable and practical so I really did not want to replace it. I am also making a cushion for Belle Starr with leftover material. She has already claimed her piece of fabric and spot in the room.
Thanks for looking.