Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Favorite Thanksgiving Dishes....








These Jello Recipes remind me of my MawMa and are some of my most favorite.  Super easy (I said WHO they reminded me of, duh?  LOL) and so yummy.  They do not fill you up and do not take the place of ANY other dish.  They are like a fru fru nonsense addition to your feast. 

COTTAGE CHEESE - LIME JELLO SALAD

 
 
 
1 (8 oz.) sm. curd cottage cheese
1 sm. size lime Jello
1 (6-8 oz.) can crushed pineapple
1 (8 oz.) Cool Whip
Nut chips, if desired

Mix cottage cheese and lime Jello (dry). Add crushed pineapple (drain off all juice). Fold in Cool Whip and chill 1-2 hours before serving.
 
and
 
 
Cherry Jello and Cool Whip GOOP. 
(that is what Mawma called it and what we still call it to this day...)
1 box Cherry Jello
 
 
 
 
1 large container Cool Whip
1 large can fruit cocktail
Walnuts / Pecans (optional)
mix together and enjoy.
 
How easy is that?  How frugal is that?  And so yummy.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And this one is just too cute not to include.  I found the photo at the Joys of Jello Blog.  There was no mention of HOW it is done but seems pretty self explanatory.  Just pour the lime jello in the pineapple can and let it "set".  I get a bit skeeved out by that so I would find some kind of suitable alternative to the can.
 
    


Happy Turkey Day!!!
Tiffany

OH...I saw this while searching for Jello photos....has the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Special aired this year?  I seem to miss it every year.  Greatma (MawMa's mother) used to call me before they aired every holiday to remind me to watch. I do not think I have seen one since.


No comments:

Post a Comment