Sunday, February 13, 2011

PHOTOS from the Vintage Fashion Show!!!!


Sorry for the mess-up yesterday.  Here are the photos, as promised....however, I am breaking them up between posts as there are so many and my screen keeps freezing up as I try to upload them.
Oh Gals, have I got a treat for you!!!!  Today I enjoyed a vintage fashion show.  The show was put on by Chic Cherie Vintage Clothing & Furs, inside Plano Antiqueland.  The word around the tea room was that this is an annual event, however this was my first time to attend.  I browse in Chic Cherie's place whenever I am in the mall but, like most vintage I find, everything is smaller than my size.  I am thrilled to purchase a hat or bag there every now and then.  Most of her things are rather pricey, but well worth it because they are so well cared for and ...well...were pricey to begin with.  During the fashion show, the Master of Ceremonies told about each outfit, most were from places like Neiman Marcus or special couture rooms of other boutiques and department stores.  Very beautiful and elegant pieces.



Off to the Ladies Aide...or Quilting Bee....or a Bridge Party....


I fell in love with this dress.




Ready for a summer pic nic or garden party.


She must have had three crinolines under that skirt.  The fullness was wonderful.

When this young lady "twirled" you could catch a glimpse of the contrasting color of her crinoline.  My camera hesitated so you will have to take my word for it....


The sweetest twin set and scarf tied around her neck.


Such a darling spring dress.  I want!!!


This is called a Calypso Suit.  The MC said it might be worn on vacation in Miami or Palm Springs.
 
Stay tuned for more beauties from this Fashion Show!!!!

Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment