Constructed out of fabric-punched blooms, flowering hair clips are the perfect way to brighten up Mom's day
1. Begin by punching fabric flowers: Lay a piece of fabric in a shallow tray. With a medium paintbrush, apply enough fabric stiffener to saturate, but not soak, the fabric. Let it dry, about 1 hour. Repeat with any remaining fabric.
2. Using craft punches, punch out petals and leaves as close together on the fabric as possible.
3. Using a micro hole punch, make a hole in the center of each bloom. Slip a pip through each hole, and secure it with a dab of contact cement.
4. Hand-stitch flowers to bobby pin or comb.
5. Secure the back side of the stitch with contact cement. For an extra-special presentation, insert the hairpins through holes made in a large punched leaf.
SourcesFabric, assorted Indian cotton, from B&J Fabrics, 212-354-8150