Thursday, July 21, 2011

Saturday Matinee: BAD TEACHER

I am going a bit away from my Vintage Movie Saturday Matinee Reviews....I was going to save this movie snippet for August when everyone's mind is on "Back to School" time...this would be enough to Home School your kiddos!!!!  However, this movie was so funny that I could not wait to share.

To beat the Texas Summer heat, David and I skipped the water park and headed out for a Mid-Day Matinee.  We saw Bad Teacher with Cameron Diaz.  She is one of those actresses that I say "gets on my nerves" but I usually enjoy her movies.  She is funny and fun to look at.  Her legs just do not stop and I wish they were on my body (not in a lesbian kind of way...I literally want them ON my body as MY legs).

Here is the synopsis from Yahoo! Movies:

"Some teachers just don't give an F. For example, there's Elizabeth. She's foul-mouthed, ruthless, and inappropriate. She drinks, she gets high, and she can't wait to marry her meal ticket and get out of her bogus day job. When she's dumped by her fiance, she sets her plan in motion to win over a rich, handsome substitute - competing for his affections with an overly energetic colleague, Amy. When Elizabeth also finds herself fighting off the advances of a sarcastic, irreverent gym teacher, the consequences of her wild and outrageous schemes give her students, her coworkers, and even herself an education like no other. "


When I first saw the trailers for this movies I was like "NO WAY can a TEACHER afford Louboutins"...But then that was answered in the first 10 minutes...she was GOING TO marry "well" and was on her way to maxing out her hubbie to be's fortune.  Well that did not work out for her so she returned to her teaching job, bitterness in tow.

What a great place to "hide out"!!!!  Middle school, that "No Man's Land" of awkwardness between grade school and high school.  The kids are too busy trying to find their place in life to notice how bad their teacher might be.  HOWEVER, she is so bad they DO NOTICE.  In fact, the only person who does not seem to notice is her boss, the PRINCIPAL. 

I know...I know...she is BAD and the poor children are suffering....GET OVER IT!!!!  It is a movie and supposed to be over the top and funny.  We all know it would not be funny in real life (ok...well not THAT funny...but I would still give out a chuckle or two...three).

I recommend this movie for a fun way to entertain yourself while cooling off with some popcorn (which I did not have....back on the Low Carb wagon this week).


Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment