Friday, September 16, 2011

Couponing for Two: Healthy Couponing


You hear comments over and over about how it is hard to eat healthy when shopping with coupons...or how the Extreme Couponing people on TLC are only buying junk.  It is true that there are ALOT of coupons out there for junk food but there are also coupons for good nutritional products, too.

I tried my hand at a video, using my phone (my actual camera took forEVER to upload). The quality is not all that great but I am including it anyway...





In the video I show that I used a coupon to get BANANAS on the cheap with a Market Street in-store coupon..  When you find coupons for fruit, it is usually in the form of a "combined" offer.  For example, I saw a peelie on a box of cereal a few weeks ago that offered a combined deal on the cereal AND fruit.  Another example, on a combined offer is how I used the coupon from Market Street for Fuze water and Bananas. You may also get a Catalina for fruit, I got one at Tom Thumb a few weeks back for 3.00 off the purchase of any fruit.  So if you keep your eyes out and use your creativity, you can find coupons on fruit.

There are also coupons out right now on veggies.  I found one to clip in a recent insert (RP 08/28/11) on canned Libby's veggies (there was one on fruit , as well).  And Dole puts out coupons quiet often.  I am not the biggest fan of canned veggies but I will pick them up to keep in my pantry for those times when I need them for home made soups and stews.

I am not going to list all of the current offers for fruit and veggies right now, you can go to coupons.com and see what you find.  Or you can go to the Hip2save Coupon Database to find links and info on just about every current coupon out RIGHT NOW!!!!

Other healthier items to keep your eye out for include vitamins.  I was able to snag a few bottles of a vitamin product I needed for under 3.00.  This was during CVS's BOGO sale on Sundown Vitamins.  I combined a CVS coupon and a Manufacture coupon on each of the bottles and after all was said and done, I got out of there with my vitamins and gum for under 3.00.  That was a major score for me.

Also, you can usually find coupons for high fiber snacks from Fiber One (cereal, too), Special K, and a few others.  The Who Knew Cookies had a couple of coupons out all summer.  I can not wait to try them and I will let you know what I think.  Just like the Fiber One commercials say...high fiber does not mean it tastes like cardboard anymore (I paraphrased).

Whole Foods have coupons, too...but I do not shop there.  They are too expensive and just because something comes from there does not mean it is better for you, in my opinion.

If you have any suggestions on using coupons to buy healthier foods, please tell us about it in the comments.

Happy Savings,

Tiffany

1 comment:

  1. Cetislim 60mg Tablet is used to treat the issue of strength. It is controlled close by high low fat, nutritious eating standard, unlimited exercise. It is commonly taken orally. The estimation of Cetislim 60Mg Tablet depends on the age, weight, therapeutic history of the patient, prosperity conditions, and the response to the treatment.

    ReplyDelete