Monday, September 5, 2011

Couponing for Two: Online Resources and Couponing

Personally, I would be hard pressed to save even a penny if it were not for all of the online resources about couponing.  I watched TLC's Extreme Couponing, like most people, thinking "I could never do THAT!!!!"  But I decided to try.  I failed.  What happened was I got my Sunday paper, clipped a few coupons that I found interesting and went shopping.  That is NOT how to win at the couponing game.  I just did not know what I was doing wrong....but I am NOT one to lose.  I decided to do a bit of research, the only way I really know how these days...I went surfing online.

This is where I hit PAY DIRT!!!!  There are so many FREE tutorial and helpful sites online...there are even FREE COUPONS that you can print.  If you learn better by watching, there are even videos on YouTube.  Whatever your way of learning, I am sure you will find it with a quick Google or Yahoo! search.

Here are some of my favorites to get you started.

Hip2Save (my absolute favorite couponing site.  She gives you GREAT deals but also shows you how to get the deals without being too extreme)
We Use Coupons (A great site with lots of "forums")
A Full Cup  (This site is great because there are "forums" that are very active.  I am in Texas, and they even have a "Texas" forum so when talking about deals...they are in your own back yard)
Krazy Coupon Lady (a great site for up to the minute deals. I think, however, that some of the deals are reposted from other sites, so make sure you are using the correct coupons and they are not expired)
Couponing Divas (my most favorite site for making easy shopping lists.  She has every coupon that you can use with each item, too.  Her videos are also very helpful.  Some of the stores featured are regional, however.  The Albertson's in AZ, for example, has different sales than the Alberston's in Texas)
Cut Clip Save (You HAVE to watch their videos, too.  I get such a kick out of "Clay" and how excited he is over couponing.  Their youtube name is shadylane2121)

and to find free coupons that you print at home...

Coupons.com
Red Plum
Smart Source
Betty Crocker (you will need to create an acct but there are so many coupons, so worth it!!!!)
Proctor and Gamble (you can not print coupons from P&G but they will send you several via snail mail)

Also, most "brands" have coupons on their sites or facebook pages...just search around for them or follow the blogs like Hip2Save or Coupon Divas where they alert you when there is a coupon available.  Some of my favorite "brand" websites that ALWAYS have coupons are Uncle Ben's, Colgate, Michaelina's and Marie Calendar. 

All of these are a great way to find coupons but remember to always get a few Sunday papers because that is the BEST way to grow your coupon stash.

I hope these resources help you get started.

Happy Savings,

Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment